Spring has finally arrived, and many dog owners are out enjoying the warm weather with their pets. We would like to remind everyone of the bylaws regarding dogs in Waldheim.
- Pets are not allowed in Sam Wendland Park. This includes the new North section of the park. We are receiving many complaints about dog feces in the park, and on adjoining private property. You cannot walk your dog through the park, carry your dog through the park, or allow your dog off leash in the park. Bylaw No. 4-2015
- All dogs must be leashed when not on your property. Dogs not on a leash are considered running at large. Bylaw No. 1-2011 Section 4
- When walking your dog, you must clean up the defecation and dispose of it properly. Bagging the feces but then dropping the bag in the park, in a flowerbed or on the road is not acceptable and you can be fined for failure to clean up after your pet. Bylaw No. 1-2011 Section 8
- Fines for non-compliance: Bylaw No. 2-2020
- Dogs on a leash are currently allowed in certain areas of the Valley Regional Park (not on the golf course or the ball diamonds). However there have been too many people allowing their dogs to run off leash and this is resulting in dog feces on the greens and fairways. If this continues, the VRP will have no choice but to ban dogs from the park. Please be responsible, keep your dog on a leash and clean up after them!