As you now know, there are now two confirmed cases of COVID 19 in Rosthern. Dr. Melle and his wife have tested positive for the virus. Our thoughts and prayers as council go out to their family as they deal with this, as well as to all the residents of our neighbouring community of Rosthern.
We ask everyone to continue to follow the directions of our provincial health leaders (from Government of Saskatchewan website)
“As a respiratory illness, the best method to protect yourself against COVID-19 is to practice everyday preventive actions, including:
- Practice proper cough and sneezing etiquette (into the bend of your elbow);
- Wash your hands often with soap and water; if soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer;
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands;
- Maintain safe food practices;
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid unnecessary travel to affected areas.
- Avoid large crowds and practice social distancing (do not shake hands, hug or kiss).”
Thanks to all the residents of Waldheim for your support at following these directions. Our actions here will keep ourselves, our families, and our neighbors safe and healthy.
Thanks to the business leaders in our community who have taken (are taking) steps to keep their employees and their customers safe through working at home where able, restricting (controlling) access to their services, or closing operations all together. We understand all of these decisions / actions have financial consequences, support you for taking them, and know that ‘normal’ life will resume sooner rather than later.
Lastly we encourage everyone that even though we are social distancing, we are still aware of what is happening with our neighbors. As more and more of us are staying at home, either by choice or because of business slowdowns / closures, there may be people / families who need meals, errands, or even a phone call or video chat for some human interaction. Let’s continue to be the community that cares.
Mayor and Council
Town Of Waldheim
Steve Loewen says
Being a community that cares is something I hope we never lose!