The benefits of ice skating include:
- Ice skating is a life sport.
- Participation in ice skating gives a child a higher level of self-esteem and a more positive outlook on life.
- They acquire an appreciation for an active lifestyle.
- It teaches your child goal-setting, and the pursuit excellence.
- Learn to manage stress, perform under pressure and test emotional and physical balance.
- They learn about managing failures and how it feels to be successful.
- They learn good sportsmanship and they develop social skills.
- They make bonding friendships.
- They improve their skills.
- Best of all, ice skating is a fun sport that children can do with anyone. Parents, grandparents, friends and siblings can all participate.
- Ice skating is an aerobic activity that will help maintain a healthy lifestyle.
- Enhances muscle strength and endurance.
- Posture, balance, flexibility and coordination improve.
- The athletic child is less likely to get involved with drugs and they perform better in school.
- They learn and understand the sport all while they are having FUN!!
Waldheim Skating Club Contact: Jenn Stricker
Home Phone: 306-945-5411home