The Waldheim Housing Authority, on behalf of Saskatchewan Housing Corporation, offers the Affordable and Social Housing Programs. The Programs are designed to ensure that safe, adequate housing is available to those who could not otherwise afford it. Our tenants benefit from a safe place to call home, a community they can enjoy and peace of mind.
Applicants may be considered for housing only if they are an intended client:
Senior Social Housing (38 units)
- Individuals or couples, 60 years of age or older
- Individuals near the age of 60 with a permanent physical or cognitive disability
Family Social Housing (5 units)
- Households with children or adult dependents
Affordable Housing (10 units)
- Households with income below pre-determined limits and targeted to the size of the unit
Further to this, applicants must meet income and asset limit requirements to be eligible for the Social Housing Program. All applicants are required to complete an application form and provide verification of income and assets, as requested. Information provided by applicants is kept strictly confidential.
** All persons interested in accessing the Affordable and Social Housing Programs in Waldheim should contact:
Applications are reviewed for eligibility and approved by the housing authority board of directors. Once approved, units are allocated upon availability on a priority based, point score system. The point score system considers adequacy, suitability and affordability when determining the priority of need.
- Social Housing rent is based on income – 30% of gross household income, collected via pre-authorized payment.
- Affordable Housing rent is based on a ‘fixed’ amount determined by community size and location, collected via pre-authorized payment.
- Units are smoke free – No smoking is allowed in the units by tenants or guests.
- Waldheim Housing Authority has a ‘No Pets’ policy that applies to tenants and guests.
- Senior Housing tenants are responsible for obtaining and paying for their own power in the Senior Duplexes or for paying a monthly utility charge for power in the Westview Pioneer Lodge. Heat, water/sewer and grounds keeping are included in the rent. Parking charges may apply.
- Affordable and Family Housing tenants are responsible for obtaining and paying for all utilities.
- A heating allowance may be provided to the Family Housing tenants to subsidize a portion of the heating costs for the unit. The tenant is responsible for grounds keeping. (i.e. lawn mowing, weeding, snow removal, etc.)
The Waldheim Housing Authority is governed by a five member volunteer Board of Directors who have been appointed by the Minister of Social Services.
Any questions related to the Waldheim Housing Authority should first be directed to the manager. If unable to contact the manager, please contact the board chairperson.